Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Clove Island


It’s been awhile since I posted here. Really there’s only one reason for that. In a space for news, I’ve had none to share. So you know what it means when I’m posting again? I’ve got NEWS!
We're calling it "Clove Island"

After 5 months as an appointee without a destination, I’ve finally got an assignment settled into wet concrete. So here’s the scoop on my plan: 

-          A small island in the Indian Ocean
-          Population between 250-300,000
-          M_slim people group
-          Teaching English
-          2 ½ years, starting November 2013
-          Vision: to introduce locals to Jesus and help start a fellowship of believers

Now to get going on support raising. I have until October to raise my entire outgoing (one-time expenses to get on the field) and monthly support. I'll give more details on the needs in future posts.



Do you feel called to partner with me in either prayer, relationship or finances? I’d be honored to have you on my home team!

-          Prayer: comment here or send me a note (abby.turner113@gmail.com) promising to pray.

-          Relationship: same as above, let me know your email address and I’ll add you to my newsletter list!

-          Finances: You can donate online at this link (www.altlinkpartners.org) or send me a check (written to AltLink so it's tax-deductible). Please also fill out one of the forms below and send it to me. AltLink doesn’t keep a real-time record of donations or pledges, so I have to keep my own records accurately.

Thanks, and keep watching this space for more info and updates!


Pledge card-- click on picture to view large