We have to rest.
We need quiet.
This hasn't been the easiest season on Clove Island. And by season I don't mean the weather-- it's been amazing. Cool nights, not too hot of days. But the season of friends and team has been rough. And I love my team dearly. If I didn't love my team dearly it might be easier.
So I was feeling a little ragged. A little burnt out. A little frayed at the edges with not a lot of emotional margins for my neighbors and friends here.
Life doesn't stop, but sometimes we have to. I was blessed to take some time to stop and recenter, taking a weekend away at the beach. I read the Word. I walked the beach. I talked with a friend. I gazed on the beauty of creation and listened to the voice of its Creator.
And you know what? When I went back to my house in the city after a couple of days, I was happy to see people again. I was pleased to greet the old ladies of my neighborhood and catch up on the news. I was interested in speaking of His grace again. And I was able to serve those around me from a much better place of the soul.

Sometimes all we need is a place of quiet and rest. And in that quiet and rest, He meets us.

